Monday, October 22, 2012

Couch redo...

Our couch. Ugh.
 
I've definately seen worse (who am I kidding) we've owned worse. It's a typical neutral beige sectional, but it wasnt that it was ugly it was just boring and needed a little pick me up. I have had a mild obsession with nailhead and tufted furniture for as long as I can remember and even though I knew we just couldn't spring for a new couch anytime soon, I knew I wasnt giving up on at least updating it to give it a similar feel.
 
I found a pinterest link for cleaning micro-suede that changed my life....ok, i'm being a bit dramatic but it is seriously awesome if your couch is showing signs of love... milk stained, crumbs galore kinda love that is. The awesome couch remedy post is from chrisandrobinsnest.blogspot.com. I wish I had taken some before pics but I didn't and the afters would only make sense if you could see the disgustingness that was.
 
On to making it pretty. As I mentioned I LURVE anything nailhead. I was at JoAnn Fabrics when I came across my solution. I always thought nailheads only came in individual form, ya know..nail each one in one at a time...Booooring. BUT THEY DON'T, Yippee!! They come in rolls!
So up went my couch...BE CAREFUL, my husband wasn't to pleased that I had our heavy couch standing on end by myself. It was really so simple, every 5th nailhead was an empty space to mallet a matching nail into. *Use a mallet so that you don't dent the nails!
 
Here is my before, during and afters! I love it now. Such a simple change but it's clean and doesn't feel so boring anymore!
 

 
 
 



 
*Sorry this last pic's quality isn't very good...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment